Expressions of Interest are invited from Australian writers and industry professionals to provide seminars, workshops, masterclasses, manuscript assessments, mentorships, and talks for the ACT Writers Centre’s artistic program in 2016.
The Centre invites proposals from authors, poets, playwrights, screenwriters and writers of fiction and nonfiction, to teach writing workshops and seminars, and to take part in our 2016 program of events. We also welcome proposals from editors and publishing industry professionals, as well as professionals who are interested in being mentors, or manuscript assessors.
We are only interested in tutors, mentors and assessors who are capable of professional, well-prepared and instructional presentations, and who are serious about delivering value to participants and members.
We are interested in proposals for events, workshops, seminars, masterclasses. Other learning activities will be considered. Content we are interested in includes:
- All aspects of writing craft and technique: structure, style, characterisation, plot, self-editing, etc.
- Specific genres: crime, romance, science fiction, fantasy, literary fiction, narrative nonfiction, historical fiction, travel writing, etc.
- Specific forms: playwriting, poetry, scriptwriting, nonfiction articles, short stories, etc.
- All aspects of the business of writing and publishing: queries, synopses, finding an agent, writing as a business, self-publishing, marketing and promotion, etc.
- Content for different age groups and skill levels.
- Mentors and manuscript assessors.
Download the submission form here: 2016 PROGRAM SUBMISSION FORM.
Email submissions to The Director, ACT Writers Centre, at director(at)actwriters.org.au by Friday 30th October.
Only successful applicants will be notified, and no correspondence will be entered into. Successful candidates will be chosen by the ACT Writers Centre and the Director’s decision is final.